||Gothic. Tenders invited, Apr 1866. FS laid 9 Jun 1866. Cons. 9 Jun 1867. Spire added 1872. (See also LOU, CLONMORE, CHURCH OF ST COLUMBKILLE (RC) for what seems to be an earlier design for this church by John Bourke.). Tenders invited for 'extensive works' (internal finishing, raising of tower and addition of cut stone spire), Feb 1872.
Dundalk Democrat, 21 Apr 1866, 17 Feb 1872; Drogheda Argus, 16 Jun 1866; Irish Times, 24,27 Feb 1872; Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 502; P.J. Geraghty, A Heritage in Stone: the life and career of architect John Murray (1994), 28,41-43(illus.)