DH architect and contractor for central block. Completed 1823 for Bishop Robert Tottenham, Bishop of Clogher, 1822-1850. Initial work for Bishop Lord John George Beresford,1819-1820; wings earlier, left wing 1779., right wing about 1817). Contractors: Henry, Mullins & MacMahon.
Undated [but presumably 1822] front and rear elevations, signed by D. Henry, Bern. Mullins, John McMahon and Robert Clogher but undated, in IAA, Acc. 2001/156 (bought from Mealy's, Castlecomer, Co. Kilkenny, 5 Dec 1001, Lot 564); CSO/RP/1822/2389 (old ref. CSORP 1822/3027); CSORP1825/12,887, CSORP 1825/12,887 (old refs. from (Edward McParland files, IAAS Acc.2008/44); NLI MS 3916 (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc.2008/44); Angélique Day & Patrick McWilliams, eds. Ordnance Survey Memoirs of Ireland: Parishes of Co. Tyrone 1 (1990), 28; JRSAI 26 (1896), 272; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 192-3.
Attributed by Atkinson to 'an ingenious architect of the name of Warren, by whom the palace of Clogher, and other conspicuous buildings, were also planned and conducted' (but see works of David Henry).
A. Atkinson, Ireland in the nineteenth century (London, 1833), 333 (reference from J.A.K. Dean)