Selected: CO. KILDARE, CURRAGH, LUMVILLE, METHODIST CHURCH (1876)
|Name:||WONNACOTT, THOMAS #|
|Building:||CO. KILDARE, CURRAGH, LUMVILLE, METHODIST CHURCH (1876)|
|Nature:||New church for 500 worshippers in centre of camp replacing 'iron chapel which was erected on the skirts of the plain, about three miles distant from the huts'. Substantial brick edifice with stone dressings. FS laid 24 Jun 1876. Contractor: Matthew Irwin, Newbridge. To cost about £2000.
|Refs:||Irish Times, 26 Jun 1876; IB 18, 1 Jul 1876, 198|