Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

'Architect and CE', of 16 Eustace St, Dublin, active in the 1870s. Francis H. Douglas or Douglass, a son of James Douglas, builder, of 51 Harcourt Street may be the 'F. Douglas' who designed 400 stables which were erected  on the Royal Dublin Society's grounds in 1868.(1)  In October 1872 he advertised 'some Offices and a spacious and well lighted Club Room' to let at 24 Lower Abbey Street.(2)



References



(1) Irish Times, 14 Jul 1868.
(2) Irish Times, 16 Oct 1872.


2 work entries listed in chronological order for DOUGLAS, FRANCIS H. ##


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, KILDARE STREET, LEINSTER HOUSE (ROYAL DUBLIN SOCIETY)
Date: 1868
Nature: Erection of 400 stables on 5 acre site for purposes of Dublin Horse Show. Contractor: Goodfellow.
Refs: Irish Times, 14 Jul 1868.

Building: CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, ABBEY STREET LOWER, NO. 024
Date: 1872
Nature: FHD advertises 'some Offices and a spacious and well lighted Club Room' to let at 24 Lower Abbey Street, Oct 1872.
Refs: Irish Times, 16 Oct 1872.