Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect in the Office of Public Works, Dublin, active from the 1920s until the 1950s. He is probably the Thomas Walsh, architect's assistant, of 29 Kenilworth park, Rathmines, who, according to the 1911 census, was born in Dublin City in 1890 or 1891, and the 'Tom Walsh' referred to by Ethna Byrne Costigan as one of the young architects employed in her grandfather ANTHONY SCOTT' ANTHONY SCOTT' s Sackville Street office in the 1910s.(1)  He was posted to Cork, Sligo and Limerick before returning to Dublin circa 1934.

AAI: elected member, 1914.
RIAI: elected member, 1920;(2) resigned, 1958.(3)

Addresses: Work: Cork, 1920;(4) Office of Public Works, John Street, Sligo, 1925-1928; District Office of Public Works, Limerick, 1929-1934; Office of Public Works, Dublin, 1935-1954;
Home: 133 Harold's Cross Road, Dublin, 1915-1928; 58 Grove Park, Rathmines, 1955->=1957.


All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from AAI and RIAI membership lists.

(1) Ethna Bee Cee [Byrne Costigan], Etna Mary Twice (1989), 102.
(2) JRIAI (1921), 2.
(3) RIAI Year Book (1959), 34.
(4) See note 2, above.