Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Engineer. Charles Hugh Wallace, who was probably a son of William Wallace, of Kerrymount, Brighton Road, Foxrock, Co. Dublin, graduated BA and BAI from Trinity College, Dublin, in 1887(1) and also gained certificates of the South Kensington School of Art in practical geometry, freehand and perspective.(2) He then worked in Canada until 1898 or 1899, when he returned to Dublin. He opened an office as an engineering contractor at 35 Dame Street from which he practised until 1907 or later. His later career is unknown.

ICEI: elected associate, 5 December 1888;(3) no longer on list of members for 1906.

Addresses: Kerrymount, Foxrock, 1888;(4) Hamilton, Ontario, <=1890->=1898; 35 Dame Street, Dublin, <=1900->=1907.



All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from ICEI lists of members and Thom's directories.

(1) R.C. Cox, compiler, Trinity College School of Engineering: 'Graduates' in Engineering 1843-1992 (1993), unpaginated.
(2) ICEI membership applications, II, 114.( 3)TICEI 20(1888-91), 2.
(4) See note 2, above.

1 work entries listed in chronological order for WALLACE, CHARLES HUGH

Sort by date | Sort alphabetically

Date: 1911
Nature: New sewerage scheme completed. Designed by 'C.H. Wallace, CE'.l
Refs: IB 53, 18 Feb 1911, 121