Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder, of Farnham Street, Cavan, listed as such in Pigot & Co.'s City of Dublin and Hibernian Provincial Directory (1824), 369. On 17 May 1825 Reilly placed the following advertisement in the Cavan Herald: 'Benjamin Reilly Master Builder begs leave to return his sincere thanks to the Gentlemen of the County of Cavan, for the very general support he has theretofore received from them, during a period of more than Ten Years, in which time he had been concerned in many public and private contracts of considerable extent - viz. the Church and Glebe House of Denn parish--Ballyhaise Flour and Corn Mills - Mr. Maguire's House and Offices, in Cavan - the Farnham Inn, Cavan - and the Infirmary attached to the County Gaol; in all which work, he trusts he can with confidence refer to those Gentlemen who were concerned, for the faithful discharge of his duty, and the satisfactory performance of the work. He might also add, many other works of considerable importance, but they would be too numerous to notice at present. Under these circumstances he confidently trusts he may again offer himself to public notice. B. R. may observe without vanity, that few men possess a better or more general knowledge of Fine Works, and of Gentlemen's Kitchen Ranges. Any commands addressed to him to Messrs. Smith and Fitzgerald, of this Town, and at the Office of this Paper, shall be attended to.'

1 work entries listed in chronological order for REILLY, BENJAMIN *

Sort by date | Sort alphabetically

Date: 1820
Nature: New school built by Benjamin and John Reilly for 2nd Earl of Gosford.
Refs: Letters from B & JR in PRONI, Gosford Papers, D1606 (see PRONI E-catalogue, Gosford Papers).