LENYGON & MORANT #
- Born: - Died: -
Interior decorating company of 31 Old Burlington Street, London, established by Francis Henry Lenygon (1877-1943). The firm, which held the Royal Warrant, was employed by the Cunard Line in the 1920s to fit out their transatlantic liners. In Ireland Lenygon & Morant were employed by Beatrice, wife of the eighth Earl of Granard, to decorate the dining room, drawing room and library at Castle Forbes, Co. Longford, after the house had been damaged by fire in 1923.(1)
(1) Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 191-192.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for LENYGON & MORANT #
|Building:||CO. LONGFORD, CASTLE FORBES|
|Nature:||Refurbishment of dining room, drawing room and library for 8th Earl of Longford.|
|Refs:||Christine Casey & Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North Leinster (1993), 191-192.|