Civil engineers, of Glasgow and Westminster, who designed the grandstand (1932) and King's Hall (1933-4) at Balmoral, Belfast, and the grandstand at Windsor Park, Belfast (1930). In Dublin they designed an extension to the main stand and works on the terraces at Dalymount football ground (c. 1931).
4 work entries listed in chronological order for LEITCH, ARCHIBALD, & PARTNERS #
Sort by date | Sort alphabetically
||CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, LISBURN ROAD, BALMORAL SHOW GROUNDS, KING'S HALL
||New exhibition hall, capable of seating 8,000, for Royal Ulster Agricultural Society. Reinforced concrete. Span 152 ft, length 300 ft. First sod cut by Duke of Abercorn, 15 May 1933. 1933. Opened by Duke of Gloucester, 29 May 1934. Builder: J. & R. Thompson, Baden St, Belfast. Clerk of Works: A. Strathdee.
Irish Times, 25 Feb, 16 May 1933; IB 75, 11 Mar,20 May,1 Jul,16 Dec 1933, 202(illus.),412,566,1085; 76, 19 May,2,16 Jun 1934, 417,454(illus.),517; Irish Architect & Builder1 (April 1934), 10-11(illus.); Paul Larmour, The Architectural Heritage of Malone & Stranmillis (UAHS, 1991), 84(illus.),86-87.