Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect and engineer, of Cork, active from the 1870s until the early 1890s. In January 1878 Francis Jackson wrote to the RIAI regretting that he could not attend the meeting called for 22 January to discuss the proposed reconstitution of the Institute.(1) Later the same year he was elected a member of the reconstituted body. During the late 1870s he worked from the same building in Cork - No. 30 South Mall - as SAMUEL FRANCIS HYNES SAMUEL FRANCIS HYNES . His pupils and assistants included ALBERT WILLIAM BARNARD. ALBERT WILLIAM BARNARD.

RIAI: elected member 28 Nov 1878, having been proposed by GEORGE CARLISLE HENDERSON  GEORGE CARLISLE HENDERSON and seconded by ALBERT EDWARD MURRAY  ALBERT EDWARD MURRAY and JAMES HIGGINS OWEN JAMES HIGGINS OWEN ;(2) no longer a member after 1891.

Address: 30 South Mall, Cork, <=1878->=1891.(3)


(1) IB 20, 1 Feb 1878, 46.
(2) RIAI council meeting minutes, 13 Nov 1878, 214.
(3) See note 2, above; RIAI membership lists.