- Born: - Died: -
Engineer. Hugh Hackett,(1) BE, was an assistant county surveyor for Co. Tyrone, based at Castlederg, from 1915 or earlier until 1918 or later and for Co. Kildare from 1921(2) or earlier until 1926. He appears to have had a private practice in Dublin from circa 1927 onwards. He was town surveyor for Naas, Co. Kildare, from 1939 or earlier until 1949 or 1950.
ICEI: elected associate member, 1917; transferred to member, 1926.
Association of Municipal & County Engineers: admitted member, 1 October 1921.(3)
Addresses: Assistant surveyor's office, Castlederg, Co. Tyrone, 1917; Lisnamallard, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, 1920-1922; Assistant Co. Surveyor, Kildare, and 39 Charleville Road, North Circular Rd, Dublin, 1924; Assistant Co. Surveyor, Kildare, and Elm Hall, Celbridge, Co. Kildare, 1926; 39 Charleville Rd, North Circular Road, Dublin, 1927->=1960.
All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is extrapolated from the lists of members of ICEI and Thom's Directory.
(1) A person of this name, son of Daniel Hackett of Omagh, Co. Tyrone, was born in Omagh on 18 Jun 1886, married Jeanie Walsh in Omagh circa 1905, and died in Dublin on 8 June 1970 (www.familysearch.org).
(2) IB 63, 22 Oct 1921, 701.
(3) See note 2, above.
2 work entries listed in chronological order for HACKETT, HUGH
Sort by date | Sort alphabetically
|Building:||CO. KILDARE, NAAS, HOUSES (010)|
|Nature:||10 working-class houses.|
|Refs:||IB 81, 19 Aug,30 Sep 1939, 728,834|
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, FASSAUGH ROAD, NO. 042-44|
|Nature:||Shop & dwelling for C. Harte.|
|Refs:||IB 92, 13 May 1950, 498|