SALMON, WILLIAM *
- Born: - Died: -
'Statuary' and ornament manufacturer, of Dublin. William Salmon first appears inWilson's Dublin Directory in 1779.(1) The business which he had established at 3 Anglesea Street, Dublin, by 1798 survived in the same premises until at least the 1870s, though ownership appears to have passed to a Matthew Rice by the late 1850s. Among the houses supplied with ornaments by Salmon are Downhill (1783),(2) Coollattin (before 1805)(3) and Castle Coole.(4)
All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from Wilson's and Thom's directories.
(1) C.P. Curran, Dublin Decorative Plasterwork of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries (1967), 102.
(2) P. Rankin, Irish Building Ventures of the Earl Bishop of Derry (UAHS, 1972), 18.
(3) NLI 4950 (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc. 2008/44).
(4) PRONI D1514/9/9 (IAA, Edward McParland files, Acc. 2008/44).