NAYLOR & SALE #
- Born: - Died: -
Architectural partnership of John Reginald Naylor (1854-1923) and George Hanson Sale (1857-1945), of Derby, for whom see Directory of British Architects 1834-1914 (RIBA 2001), II, 244, 526. The partners are probably the 'Nayler and Gale' who are named in the Irish Builder as the architects of the Belfast Picture House, opened on 19 June 1911 in Garfield Chambers, at Nos. 33-34 Royal Avenue, Belfast.(1)
(1) IB 53, 24 Jun 1911, 426.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for NAYLOR & SALE #
|Building:||CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, ROYAL AVENUE, NO. 034-44 (BELFAST PICTURE HOUSE)|
|Nature:||New cinema within Garfield Chambers opened 11 Jun 1911. Architects: 'Nayler & Gale'. Contractor: McLaughlin & Harvey.|
|Refs:||IB 53, 24 Jun 1911, 426; Marcus Patton, Central Belfast: an historical gazetteer (UAHS, 1993), 288|